Who doesn't love homemade popcorn? And with ghee, you can add a buttery, healthy twist to your delicious snack! Ghee is a great cooking oil due to its high smoke point. You can substitute any oil for ghee at a 1-to-1 ratio.
- ½ cup unpopped corn kernels
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
Directions for preparing Popcorn:
- Melt ghee in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add popcorn, salt, and turmeric powder.
- Cover with lid.
- Swirl and shake pan on burner gently until kernels have popped.
- Remove pan from heat when popping has stopped or reduced to several seconds between pops.
- Add any additional salt or ghee for extra amazing flavor!