Tandoori chicken is a very popular Indian chicken dish, made by marinating chicken in yogurt and spices, then roasting it in a tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven. Variations of this dish have been around for thousands of years - dating as far back as 3,000 BCE. You may not own a tandoor, but you can still enjoy the delights of tandoori chicken in your own home!
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 1lb boneless chicken thigh
- 1/3 cup Mango Rosewater Lassi
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice for marinade
- 2 tbsp right before serving
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp Tandoori Mix (see below for the mix ingredients!)
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Tandoori Mix Recipe:
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
Directions for preparing the Chicken:
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Then, cover and marinate the chicken for up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Before you get the oven ready, take the chicken out and let it come to room temperature for around 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with your favorite salad or naan.