Makes a fantastic side dish with any protein!
- 2 cups Basmati Rice (rinsed thoroughly cold water)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp Panch Puran mix
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 ripe mangoes brunoised
Directions for making rice:
- Heat ghee in a pot. Add panch puran mix. Cook till it crackles.
- Add the rice and stir well. Add water, paprika & salt. Stir rice really well.
- When water comes to boil reduce flame and cover with lid. Leave till rice is done.
- Remove from flame and transfer rice to a serving bowl.
- Stir in lime juice and mangoes (must do this when the rice is hot else it will stick).
Makes 2 - 3 servings