Ghee is a great cooking oil due to its high smoke point. Substitute any oil for ghee at a 1-to-1 ratio!
- ½ cup Unpopped Corn Kernels
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 1tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
Directions for preparing Popcorn:
- Melt ghee in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add popcorn and add salt
- Cover with lid
- Swirl and shake pan on burner gently until kernels have popped.
- Remove pan from heat when popping has stopped or reduced to several seconds between pops
- Add any additional salt or ghee for extra amazing flavor!